Underdogs SA aims to establish a successful rescue organization that revolves around a reliable community to help raise funds for the Pit Bull’s needs, such as food, shelter and a rehabilitation center. Every dog deserves a loving and caring home and we will do everything in our power to find each and every animal in our care a home.
Underdogs SA will look after all their dogs and makes sure that they are comfortable and well fed. When the dogs are strong and healthy, new homes are found for them.
- These dogs are never sold, people, who give them good homes, adopt these animals by making a donation towards their upkeep, sterilization, vaccinations and medical treatment.
- Even after the adoption and re-homing of a dog from Underdogs, this dog remains the property of Underdogs and may not be sold or given to another person without the prior consent and approval of Underdogs SA.
- Should the person adopting the animals be unable to keep the animal anymore, the animal has to be given back to Underdogs South Africa with all the proper documentation.
- We will carefully inspect the property where the animal is to be homed to ensure that it is adequate for this breed of dog.
- No adult dog will be adopted before it has been sterilized and will ensure that all puppies adopted from Underdogs SA are sterilized when it reaches the appropriate age.
- We will assist the new owners with the introduction of the animal into their home should they have other animals and where otherwise necessary and advise the new owners on the feeding and care of the dog.
- Underdogs SA will follow up on adoptions by doing a post-adoption inspection of the dog in its new environment whenever we see necessary.
- All our dogs must always have adequate shelter, food, water care and exercise, they may not be kept chained for any reason and may not be kept locked in a cage.
- No dog may be mutilated for any reason other than a medical one and the procedure must then be performed by a registered veterinarian.
- Sterilization of the dogs is vital to the control of the animal population and advocates that this sterilization happens as early as possible unless there are medical reasons to the contrary.